Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Church Run

We quickly cranked out the minumum this morning. 3 miles, 500 repetitions of various lower body exercise.

This is the week everyone makes new year resolutions. This is what we rarely hear:

1) I am going to eat more sweets
2) I am going to drink more wine and beer
3) I am going to exercise less, spend more time relaxing
4) I want to make less money
5) I would like to run a slower 10K
6) I would like to have major relationship drama

Success rate:
Recent research shows that while 52% of participants in a resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals. Men achieved their goal 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, (a system where small measurable goals are being set, such as, a pound a week, instead of saying "lose weight"), while women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends

No comments:

Post a Comment