Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Drama of Your Morning



Exposition - The Alarm goes off. There is awareness of some annoyance in the room interrupting an awesome dream about flying over a beach in the south of France. The alarm is turned off and the bargaining and rationalizations begin. Just 5 more minutes of sleep and I swear I'll get up. The first thoughts of the day begin to trickle in. "I got to go to the bathroom". Damn, I'm already up. I might as well get dressed and go.

Rising Action - There is a chance a short sleeve shirt will be okay this morning. There is still a slight chill in the air. If I wear a long sleeve dry fit, it wont be as hot as a cotton long sleeve. Are there any socks that match this outfit? Do these shorts go with this shirt? What time is it? Time to get into the car. This is a great song. Man there is no one on the road this morning. Maybe if I flash my high beams at this red light, it will think I am an ambulance and turn green. Okay park. Who in the heck is parking in my spot? Don't these people now I have been parking here for three years. Weirdo! Smile, Good Morning, Good Morning, How are you?

Climax - Lets go. What did he say? Is this ground wet? How many of these are we going to do? Wow, check that out. We don't see that every day. What did she say? Then what did you say? I"ll tell you what I said. I am going to  give you a ton of attention while you brag about your kid, remembering every detail so I can match your brag with a possible raise. What a minute, What is that knucklehead screaming about? Holy Cow these folks are hauling ass. Let me catch my breath. Hang on.

Falling Action - We are heading back. How much further do we have to go? It is all down hill from here. Watch that car. That guy was not looking. Jeez these cops work this section of Peachtree every morning. Watch that hole in the sidewalk. Almost there.

Denouement - Thank God its over. It is really light outside. Do we have time for a cup of coffee? Oh no, don't tell me that creeper is going to take off his shirt and then hug me. Y'all have a great Day! Will we see you tomorrow? I hope to see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment