Friday, December 18, 2009

Year end workout - Old School Church run

Mist. 44 degrees. Uniform: 2 layers of dry fit, gloves/hat. I was watching the cars pull in thinking to myself, what am I going to do with all these people. I always felt grateful for all of the participants who do boot camp and for PRUMC who unknowingly let the fox into the the hen house. This morning I was especially grateful that so many folks would show up in bad winter weather. And, I received a very nice Christmas gift. Thanks.

Jimmy made the call. "Old School Church Run!" The big surprise this morning is that it did not rain. First stop was the wall V crunches on Peachtree, then the duck pond and on to Cathedral. We spent some time on the Cathedral playground before running across the street to the Baptist bleachers and stairs. We hung out for a while at Garden Hills playground and waited for everyone to have a turn on the swing set. Then we made our way to St. Phillips and did our final exercises for the year.

I have taken great pride and personal pleasure watching your fitness & speed improve daily. The dynamic of group training is producing fantastic individual results. I have always said this is the toughest group workout in Atlanta.

3 comments:

  1. With many thanks to Chip -- and I can't wait to get started in 2010. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My PRUMC year started with a brick workout on March 26. Can't believe I hung with this gang for this long. To everyone and Chip (especially), thanks for a great year! See some of you next week at 555. See the rest of you in 2010. Merry Christmas! Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time mag. on Usain Bolt: "Running is the rawest form of athleticism: no piece of equipment can control your fate; no teammates can lift you up or slow you down. It's just you and your motor to the finish."

    I disagree... A pack can suck the slower runner into it and hold them there for a while, sometimes until the finish. I see it every week.

    ReplyDelete