Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Long Run

"The long run is what puts the tiger in the cat." Bill Squires - The Wack

"Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run" -Bruce Springsteen

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." -Bill Bowerman - Nike Founder

"Because that's all I have time for." -Stu Mittleman, on why he runs 20 miles a day

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them. The decision has already been made." -PattiSue Plumer - olympian, American record holder 5000M

"The only secret is that it is consistent, often monotonous, boring, hard work." -Robert de Castella - Olympic Gold Medal 1984 L.A. at age 39

"Its the mind that tells you when to give up." -Jamaican sprint star, Marlene Ottey
"Mind is everything, muscles mere pieces of rubber. All that I am , I am because of my mind." -Paavo Nurmi, Nine-time Olympic Gold medalist

"There is a great advantage in training under unfavorable conditions." -Emil Zatopek Olympic Gold Medalist

"I will not last forever. But I am damn well going to know I have been here." -George Sheehan - Runner/Philosopher

"winter running is like developing a taste for beer, at first it tastes like hell but the more you practice the better it gets." -g

"Drinking is no excuse for missing a workout" - Boss

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65233224

Out easy - down hill. Back hard - up hill.

Plus 250 core exercises on the carpet in the warm church.

No comments:

Post a Comment