Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday 11-25, Crazy 8s

If the outdoor conditions are similar tomorrow to this morning, there will be some fast times run. Uniform of the day; short sleeves, short pants, no gloves. It is just cool enough to work out in few clothes and not sweat.

The field was perfect this morning. It was just soft enough that we could feel the sink but not the slide. Concrete and asphalt are the worst possible options for running. As we are an urban basic training group, we assault the asphalt almost daily. It is nice to feel the comfort of the leg saving earth. Lying and exercising on ground also reconnects our physical selves with the physical being and biorhythms of the earth. Most of us live in climate controlled homes, cars and offices. It nourishes our primal inner core to run and play outdoors.

We ran 4 miles and did 400 repetitions of various exercises; 120 push ups, the rest core.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My God, I am so scared to come to the next book camp work out, who is this crazy instructor of yours, I bet he keeps you in great shape, I just moved here from New York City, I can't wait to get motivated and work out with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just returned from holiday trip to NYC. Had the pleasure of running multiple times in Central Park. Have been working out with Chip for over 1 1/2 years...I can tell you that if you decide to join us, you will be in better shape than 99% of the runners I encountered on my morning workouts in the park...and NYC runners are no slouches. I would say that is a pretty good return on investment. Look forward to seeing you at the next session!

    ReplyDelete