Monday, February 20, 2017

Drinking

I successfully drank alcoholically for over 30 years. I won foot races drunk. I got high the night before running 14:56 in the Turkey Day 5K. I also hit the pipe 30 minutes after anchoring the DMR at The Florida Relays with a 4:10 mile. We hadn't even left the Gator's Track. No one on earth could have stopped me when I was partying. I thought I was winning in life. Running with the Devil was a Hell of a ride.

Every year I would dry out when I was training for a big race. Even as a high functioning alcoholic, I knew drinking wouldn't allow me to train at the level I needed to win.

I would have never believed I could live a life without alcohol. It was a ridiculous notion. What's the point?

I am nearly 8 years sober. I've lived two lives. The second one is better.


It doesn't take much to sabotage your fitness and beauty.

One third of the American population does not drink at all. Another third drinks less than one drink per week. 

Alcohol makes you fat, old and slow.

Alcohol will steal your good looks.

Elites don't drink


No comments:

Post a Comment