Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I can't, We can

What is American Pharoah thinking about in this picture? He ain't thinking about anything. What about the physical pain he must feel to run this fast and win? Nope. This horse, just as any other horse, will run until it dies. He doesn't know he is a triple crown winner with millions in winnings. He has no concept of self.

We have a very strong concept of self. We have carefully spent a lifetime developing a personality that defines who we are. We have names, titles, possession, ideas, concepts, beliefs, prejudices, and much more that define us as separate and unique from each other and the rest of the world. 

The title of this is "I". In a workout or a race, this "I" will speak. It says, "I" cant do it. "I" am dying. "I" wont make it. 

If WE recognize this voice as just a passing thought, WE can motor through the workout/race, keep the tempo up and wait for the flow to return. WE can also key on the people around us in the workout or race and together, accomplish much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment